Welcome to our How to Create a Coinbase Account tutorial! We’ve used screenshots and annotations to guide you through the Coinbase signup process in an easy-to-follow, step-by-step format.
So, let’s get right into it!
- First, go to Coinbase and click Sign Up
- Enter your First Name, Last Name, Email Address and Password. Click “I’m not a robot” and then confirm that you are 18 and agree to the terms and conditions.
- You will then need to verify your email address.
- Log into the email inbox that you entered into Coinbase, locate the email and then click “Verify Email Address”.
- You will then need to enter your phone number. This is an extra security measure required by Coinbase.
- Coinbase will send a text message to the phone number that you entered. You need to enter this code into Coinbase.
- Once you have done this, you will be directed to the Coinbase Dashboard, from here you need to click the Buy/Sell tab and click Add Payment Method.
- You then need to select your preferred payment method.
- Next, you must verify your identity. Click on Upload ID.
- You now need to select which form of ID you will upload to prove your identity to Coinbase. This is something that is required by the majority of reputable cryptocurrency brokers.
- You should then select the mobile camera upload method. You will receive a link on your phone leading to the mobile site on which you can upload your ID.
- Wait until your ID has been verified, then click Continue to add your payment method.
- Wahey! Your Coinbase account is verified. All you need to do now is add your payment details!
That is the final step to opening your Coinbase account. Once your ID and bank details have been verified, you will be ready to purchase cryptocurrencies on Coinbase.
If you have experienced any problems in opening your Coinbase account, please let us know in the comments section below and we will do our best to help!